Outsourced IT services allow small businesses to leverage the expertise and capacity of managed services providers to boost their productivity and profitability. IT outsourcing is expected to grow significantly in 2022, as the spending on IT services is projected to amount to around 1.3 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide. However, choosing to go the managed IT services route doesn’t mean you have to give up your in-house IT department. It’s possible to have the best of both worlds — let’s explore how you can do that!
How to Decide Which IT Areas to Outsource
If you plan to maintain your internal IT department, or internal IT staff, while seeking the guidance of an IT company or a managed services provider (MSP), you will need to make a few crucial decisions. What aspects of your IT processes should you outsource?
1. Outsource Basic Operations
You may realize that you have limited time, resources, and personnel to achieve your strategic objectives. With varying constraints and targets to reach, we recommend that you outsource your basic IT tasks to a reputable managed services provider. IT outsourcing helps you to focus your in-house team’s time and energy on your core business areas.
2. Assess Gaps in IT Expertise
You should consider the skills of your in-house IT department versus the technical expertise that you will need to complete your projects. Hiring the right MSP gives you access to the IT experts that you need when you need them.
3. Leverage MSP Cost Savings
Hiring a new employee comes with spending resources on recruitment and onboarding activities and paying salary and benefits. However, a managed services provider can fulfill that role for a fixed, predictable monthly fee, that will help you minimize your operational expenses.
4. Seek Out Innovative IT Partners
Operationally mature IT companies spend a copious amount of time in R&D (Research and Development) to improve their services and deliver the best-in-class vendor solutions.
MSPs are continuously innovating as a part of their business model to attract new clients and retain existing ones. These IT consultants are dedicated to keeping your company’s network aligned with the latest tech developments in your industry.
Let an MSP handle the search for innovative solutions on your behalf and outsource segments of your business processes that could best utilize those technology advancements.
5. Enjoy On-Demand IT Support
Working with an IT partner gives you access to extensive technical support and IT project expertise. A managed services provider should have a responsive Support Center to deliver best-in-class services.
Search for an MSP with a robust, on-site Security Operation Center (SOC) to immediately respond to threats and keep your company cyber secure. With a team of designated IT experts familiar with your business processes, you will enjoy customized tech support.
Net Friends is Your Managed Services Provider
We are your source for top-tiered IT experts and managed IT services to fulfill your company’s needs. Net Friends is your trusted IT partner and we are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Our suite of IT services include:
- Managed IT Services: NetVisor offers a selection of high-quality remote monitoring and management (RMM) and inventory tracking tools. You will also enjoy a discounted support rate, a standardized procurement process, an onboarding account manager, and so much more.
- On-Demand IT Staffing: NetForce provides high-performance and budget-friendly on-site IT staff. Our experts will work closely with your in-house IT department to meet your temporary or long-term tech support requirements. We deliver the Tier 1 to Tier 3 IT experts you need - minus the hassles and costs of in-house hiring and training.
- Managed Infrastructure Services: NetCore gives your company access to enterprise-level network security appliances. We also bundle leased devices from enterprise vendors and offer 24/7 monitoring and management to safeguard and satisfy your IT needs.
Net Friends provides a wide selection of managed IT services for affordable, fixed, and predictable monthly fees. Contact us today so our IT team can start supporting your team towards achieving your strategic goals. Let’s work together to grow your market share and profit margin.
WHAT TO READ NEXT:
- How to Protect Your Business While on Vacation
- 5 Benefits to Partnering with a SOC 2 Certified IT Company
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Cybersecurity Culture
Originally Published: 11/30/21